Choose from a wide range of wall caps and specialist coping stones, or let us make your design for you.
Why choose us?
1. Choose your style
2. Chose your colour
3. Tell us your requirements
Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm.
We recommend you telephone us so we can assist you in choosing the right style, size and colour for your project. Our phone number is 01905 641110, or you can visit us at our Worcester site.
You may also tell us your requirements by using our online quotation form, or by sending us an email.
Choosing the right coping stones for your project
- Once weathered coping is often chosen for parapet walls, whereas twice weathered is used for most other installations.
- Our standard coping stone comes in 600mm lengths. Base widths range from 100mm to 850mm. We can mitre coping for corner installations and prior to delivery.
- For a different look, we also mould curved coping, hog-back (curved top) coping, and make any custom width to order.
- We also manufacture specialist coping for roofs, swimming pools and ponds with bull-nose (rounded) edging.
- Complete your exterior design with our matching pier caps, window sills and other cast stone products.
About Coping Stones
What are coping stones?
Coping stones, also known as ‘capping stones’ or ‘wall caps’, present a stylish and protective finish to any wall or raised stonework. They are often used together with pier caps on boundary walls, but also as decorative edging for planters, roofs, ponds and pools.
How coping stones protect your wall.
Coping stones provide an efficient seal to protect the brickwork or stonework beneath them. They have a small overhang to divert rain water away from the wall, reducing water stains and wear on the wall surface.
Our durable cast stone provides many years of protection for your wall and ages naturally just like quarried stone. Our standard coping stones have a 30mm overhang to shelter the wall surface from rain. See our coping stone technical specifications for more details.
Once-weathered coping (with a single slope) is mainly used for parapet walls which have one external facing wall, such as roof and balcony extensions.
Twice-weathered coping (with two slopes) protects both sides of a wall and is therefore suitable for most installations.
Our coping stones are available with decorative curved or angular moulded sides to match our pier caps, and also with straight edges for contemporary styling. Coping with straight sides has a hidden drip line, a groove underneath which collects water and drips it away from the wall surface, giving the same protection as moulded edging.
We also manufacture specialist coping with smooth edges suitable for ponds and swimming pools, including one-piece cornerstones and curved stones.
Our coping stones are made in 600mm lengths as standard and up to 850mm wide. We also custom make coping stones for customers using non-standard bricks or other stonework for their installation.